BYU Football Game

Saturday, July 12, 2008

First Week of Swim Lessons

So I just finished a very tiring and long week of Swim Lessons. It was my first week of the summer and it was anything but boring. There was one incident that eventually had me rolling on the ground in laughter when I came home to tell my dad. So it was my very first lesson on Monday and I had a 4 year old girl in my class and another 4 year old boy crying in his mother's arms because he did not want to get in the water. I am 15 minutes into the lesson when the lifeguard brings over this little asain boy. "Danielle, this boy says he has swim lessons and he gave me this paper." THe paper basically showed that he had paid and this 5 year old boy stood there saying "I have swim lessons! I came all by myself!" He was wearing a full on life jacket that covered almost his entire body. He looked so confused when I told him he could take it off. I asked him if he had his swimsuit on and he replied he did. I went back to playing with my other two students for a bit and when I turned around this little boy, (who I later learned his name was luigi), was completely NAKED. Parents in the pool and in the area looked completely confused, and I was just as confused as they were. The situation was rediculous. I had a little girl that was jumping in the water ignoring my commands to sit on the step, a 4 year old boy bawling at the side of the pool, and this naked boy who I was supposed to be teaching a lesson. He then puts on these little swim shorts that fall down to his ankles. "I don't think these fit very well, they are my dads." He had his dad's swim trunks! He was trying to tie the string to make them stay on, I tried as well, then I finally had the lifeguard tie it quickly while I continued with my sinking lesson. We managed to make them stay on somewhat well, he got in the pool screaming "I can't swim!." The lesson was over about 10 minutes later. Caitlyn and I realized after the fact that he had actually shown up an hour and 10 minutes early for his class. He wasn't even supposed to be in my class! Some of you may be thinking "That is so sad!" My sister Nicole did when I first told her this story. But don't worry, everything worked out and he is no longer being dropped off. His grandmother is staying at his swim lessons. I hope you can appreciate the funniness of the situation as I did when I got home that night.

3 comments:

Nicole Brown said...

Is an asain boy different then an Asian boy? Just curious if there is an ethnicity out there I am not aware of. Just mocking your spelling bit I have no room to talk. Funny story. Still sad but funny. Hope you survive the summer!

Meg said...

OMG! Ok when I read this, I started laughing really hard in our library and everyone turned their heads and stared at me. Seriously...a really funny story.
P.s the blog is dancermeg.blogspot.com if you forgot

Love you, miss you

Idaho Sutters said...

To crazy! I would have lost my mind. I suppose that's why I don't teach swimming lessons. You're so good though that you handled it like a pro. You'll be a great mom! Good luck with the rest of the summer. Too funny.