BYU Football Game

Thursday, October 8, 2009

A New Start

Hello everyone! Yes I am alive. I think I've realized that I am not much of a writer. I lack creativity like Tim's posts and don't have hilarious quotes from my children like Monica and Nicole's blogs. So, I apologize if updates on my life are a bit more mundane. Yeah, I guess July is a long time ago.
Let's see, since July I was an EFY counselor. I'll make another post on that experience. Also I've started another semester here at BYU. This is my fourth year. Last year I finished my math ed minor and this summer I actually passed the Praxis exam, which is an exam you need to pass in order to teach in the public schools. So this semester I started the Physical Education program, which is VERY different than the math that I was doing. In one of my classes, "Elementary PE" we spend our time jumping rope and learning how to teach kids to juggle. I just finished a tennis and running unit and we start up on soccer next (Yes!). So I am not as stressed with school this semester as I have been in the past.

Another thing new- I put in my paperwork for substitute teaching here in Utah. So right now I'm in the system to sub anywhere in the Alpine School District. I don't have classes on Fridays so sometimes I go substitute teach. Travis and Chad have been super helpful because they spread the word that their sister is subbing- which gets me jobs. So far I've only taught a 2nd grade class a few times. The kids are adorable, but I would like to get some experience in the secondary education classes since those are the ages I'll actually be teaching. Okay I'll post more later...

No comments: