BYU Football Game

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas?

So I have been lectured numerous times by various amounts of people that I do not post. Well to be honest part of it is because I feel like I need to censor anything that I put up so that it is positive- painting my life like it is all sunshine and roses. However, I've realized that if I had a blog where every post is talking about how great my life was, it wouldn't paint my life in a very accurate picture. Now, I'm not saying I'm going to be depressing or go crazy- I'm just going to be more honest. This way you might get a better understanding of what the college life of Danielle Blevins is really like. Also, I must admit I have been inspired both my roommate's and friends' posts where they write about their opinions, lame things that have happened, or basically anything they want.
So to kick this new turn of blog posting I am going to talk about the Christmas season while at college. So basically Thanksgiving is officially over and Christmas is here right? Well not exactly...you see for those of us at BYU next week is our last day of classes and the following week is finals. So I am left trying to get projects finished, grades intact, loose ends tied- while still trying desperately to feel the Christmas spirit by grabbing a cup of hot cocoa and only listening to Christmas music on my iTunes. Not to mention the list of favorite Christmas movies that I have failed to sneak in. I do realize that once I go home to California I will be surrounded by yummy food my mom will make, seeing Christmas lights, and a decorated home. Yet, unfortunately I get home only six days before the wonderful Christmas day arrives. Then before I know it, I am suddenly watching the tree be taken down while the Forgotten Carols song "I Cry the day that I take the tree down" plays in the background. It is a bad combination considering that song is my least favorite on the album and I am one of those people that thinks the tree should be left up until after New Years. I realize that Christmas may not as big deal to everyone. But for me, I truly get all warm and fuzzy inside when Christmas comes. It's a feeling I want to start and last as long as possible so the fact that my teacher is yelling at me for eating food in the classroom is not what I want to be dealing with at the moment. (Yes there are still crazy teachers that do stuff like that even when you are a senior in college...wait did I get thrown back to eighth grade?) Anyway, my philosophy right now is stick it to the man- or school-or whatever. I am going to enjoy Christmas here at college and for the first time I am going to go see that play or watch that movie instead of making the treck to the library at nine at night. I will not give in! Wish me luck.

MERRY CHRISTMAS. I will say it as much as possible.

No comments: