BYU Football Game

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rugby anyone?

So I'm sure some of you have heard a rumor that I started playing Rugby. Well, it's true. I joined the BYU Women's Rugby team- the only thing is, is that it is not an official "BYU team" because of the number of girl's team sports already. So we are a club and we have to do all the funding on our own. However, we are still ranked in the top 5 of the nation and we have three coaches who want a National Championship. Last weekend I went down to St. George with the team. We stayed in one of our coach's parent's house(which was a mansion...it had 7 showers) and spent the weekend playing rugby because there wasn't snow. It was actually a really fun trip- I've always loved team bonding. I'm not in love with the sport yet though. I honestly believe it is the hardest sport out there- physically and mentally. I have been playing for about 3-4 months now and a lot of it is still over my head. I have been getting a lot of questions from my friends because they are noticing that I am covered in bruises. I promise I don't have an abusive boyfriend...Anyway here is one of the bruises I got over the weekend. It's a good one! (Don't freak out mom:)

2 comments:

Idaho Sutters said...

Ouch! Pain! Good for you! Have fun.

Kellee Marie Cook said...

I LOVE that you just picked up rugby. You are so hard core.