BYU Football Game

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Roommate Pictures



From the Left: Lauren (parents own the house, a Middle Eastern Studies major, friends with her since freshmen year, super athletic), Me, Kamila (engaged, English major but learning Arabic) and Nacia (Middle Eastern Studies with Lauren, super cultured and knows Arabic very well).

Okay so in our living room there is a giant bookshelf and all of the shelves were empty. The empty space bugged me so I decided to use my love for pictures and picture frames to spice it up. One of my old roommates Lauren, took a bunch of pictures with her roommates and made a frame out of them. I thought it was priceless. So I begged my roommates to take pictures after church one day so I could copy Lauren's idea. At first they mocked me because of how cheesy it was and the fact that in some of the ones that were supposed to be "candid" we were fake laughing the whole time. But after we got the pictures back, which were taken from my friend Kristin that has a really nice camera, I think they were happy we did it. If you read my descriptions of my roommates you can see I'm basically the only one in the house that doesn't know Arabic. Haha who would have thought? Each of them is very open, cultured, and Lauren and Nacia spent the summer in Jordan. So I am learning a lot from them while they learn how to do make up from me. :)

2 comments:

Idaho Sutters said...

Love the pictures. Who would have thought you would be the only one in your apartment at BYU that doesn't speak Arabic? I would never have seen that one coming!!! Too Funny!

Mike Blevins Family said...

Loved the pictures! I am living my life through you. You know I love the middle east. Who took Muslim Relations last quarter??? ME!! Ah well, enjoy.
love
Mom